Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
Located in Kwa-Zulu Natal, Thanda Safari offers a beautifully diverse and exciting tropical environment. Thanda, which means “Love” in Zulu, is a 14,000 hectare, privately owned reserve offering a well-curated experience to guests across three different accommodation types, each with their own style, atmosphere and appeal. The Thanda Foundation does extraordinary philanthropic work; we were one of the founding members of Project Rhino (conservation) and run the Star For Life organization (community). Thanda Safari Lodge (which is also a Leading Hotel of the World) blends luxury with local seamlessly and is truly a place with personality.
Thanda Safari Lodge has 9 bush suites (2400 square feet) each with a double-sided fireplace, plunge pool, private boma, and outdoor sala with a daybed.
Villa iZulu is an exclusive 5-bedroom, sole-use villa with a dedicated staff (host, chef, waiter, etc.), private vehicle and guide, helicopter pad, games, gym, pool, and much more.
Thanda Tented Camp has 14 grand tents and 1 deluxe tent
- Twice daily game drives with expert guides and trackers
- Bush walks from Safari Lodge and Villa iZulu (small charge for Tented Camp)
- Big Five, Little Five (elephant shrew, rhino beetle, leopard tortoise, ant lion, and buffalo weaver), hyena, myriad birds, and much more
- Children are cared for via Bucks & Bugs Club, our Junior Rangers Course.
- 99% Malaria Free
More than a luxury lodge, more than a dream safari destination, more than an African escape… Thanda Safari offers an authentically South African wildlife experience, matched with a sincere commitment to the Zulu culture and passionate conservation of the environment. Meaning ‘love’ in isiZulu, Thanda is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World and multiple winners of World’s Leading Luxury Lodge. It is known for meaningful safari experiences and exclusive close-up encounters with Africa’s magnificent Big Five.
Features & Facilities
- Outdoor pool
- Spa and wellness centre
- Kids’ club
- Game drives
- WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
- Currency exchange
- Babysitting/child services
- Business centre & Meeting/banquet facilities
- Shuttle service